Drop off and Pick-up Policies:
- Doors will open for each class at five minutes prior to the start time (rain or shine).
- Drop-off and pick-up will be at our studio door. As we do not have a waiting room, parents or guardians are not permitted inside the studio. This is in compliance with safety and insurance regulations.
- Students should arrive dressed for class, whenever possible, to avoid disruptions during transition times.
- No food, gum or drink is allowed in the studio (with the exception of bottled water).
- Students should not be sent to class if they are ill (fever or vomiting), for the safety of the entire class.
- To help avoid injury, students should arrive to class on time for a proper warm-up.
- If a student causes damage to the studio, the parent will be held responsible.
- PSPA reserves the right to revoke membership in any class if a student is violent or disruptive toward another student or the instructor.
- Promotions to higher class levels will be decided by the teacher (by invitation or audition).
- Waitlisted classes will allow students in, in the order which they inquired about a class.
- Dance students must wear dance attire and must tie their hair back for class.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the dance floor.
- Dance students must put their names in their dance shoes. PSPA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Attendance is taken at each class. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class.
- Participation in the end-of-semester showcase is contingent upon attendance and is at the discretion of PSPA staff. More than four absences may result in a student being unable to perform in the showcase.
- Whenever possible, students should notify the studio of any absences ahead of time (text: 917-622-0630).
- Classes must be made up within two weeks of the missed class or they expire.
- No makeups may be taken within one month of the end of semester.
- Makeups do not apply to those using gift certificates.
- Make-up classes are based upon the already established schedule for the new term and may take place on another day and time, and sometimes with a different teacher.
- Make-up classes may only be taken in a class which is similar to the original class, as determined by the teacher.
- Make-ups may not be done during a student’s regularly scheduled class, only a different class.
- Make-up classes may not be applied to any special classes or summer camps.
- Make-ups may only be used by students who are current with their tuition.
- There is a limit of two make-up classes, per student, per semester.
- Studio closings due to bad weather will entitle each student to a make-up class, NOT A REFUND OR CREDIT.
- Registration requires an up-front payment of $50 registration/performance fee, and first month’s tuition.
- *IMPORTANT – Tuition is due during the first class of every month.
- There is a $10.00 per student, per class late fee added to payments made after the week they are due.
- Payments made after the first class of each month must be made in cash – this will be strictly enforced, along with the late fee. Checks or credit card payments will not be accepted after the first week.
- If your tuition is more than two weeks late, your card on file will be charged, including a $15 late fee.
- Failure to pay outstanding tuition will result in the loss of your child’s space in the class and his/her not being permitted to perform in the end of semester showcase.
- A student’s place in a given class will not be held if he or she skips a month of payment.
- Payment can be made in cash, credit or check. If you choose to pay with a credit card, there is a small service fee(3%).
- All checks are to be made payable to Park Slope Performing Arts. Cash is acceptable as well. There is a $35 fee for bounced checks.
- The PSPA season is broken down into 2 billing terms. It is assumed when a student registers, they are registering for the full season. However, your commitment is a billing term. Withdrawal from classes mid-semester must be done in writing 4 weeks prior to a student’s leaving a particular class, to avoid incurring one month’s tuition as cancellation fee.
- Voice lessons must be cancelled within 12 hours of the lesson, or the card on file will be charged for the price of the lesson.
Tuition is collected monthly. $50 REGISTRATION/PERFORMANCE FEE, DUE UP FRONT, ALONG WITH FIRST MONTH’S TUITION.
- 1-30 MINUTE CLASS: $65 PER MONTH/ $260 for Fall Semester/ $390 for Spring Semester
- 1 – 45 MINUTE CLASS: $80 PER MONTH / $320 for Fall Semester/ $480 for Spring Semester
- 1 – 75 MINUTE CLASS: $90 PER MONTH / $360 for Fall Semester/ $540 for Spring Semester
- 2 – 30 MINUTE CLASSES: $100 PER MONTH / $400 for Fall Semester/ $600 for Spring Semester
- 2 – 45 MINUTE CLASSES: $120 / $480 for Fall Semester/ $720 for Spring Semester
- 1 – 45 MINUTE + 1 30 MINUTE COMBO: $100 /$420 for Fall Semester / $630 for Spring Semester
- Ballet Company I and II: $20 PER MONTH / $80 for Fall Semester / $120 for Spring Semester
- SCHOOL PICKUP(SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY): $150 PER SEMESTER FOR ONE DAY/ $200 PER SEMESTER FOR TWO DAYS/ $225 FOR THREE DAYS / $250 FOR FOUR DAYS
*Please note, tuition is charged monthly, not per class. We do not pro-rate tuition for shorter months or add tuition for longer months.
**Credit card transactions will be charged an additional 3 % service fee in person and 4% by phone or auto-pay.
*Schedule subject to change. Fall Monday classes will receive an extra makeup for multiple holidays which fall on a Monday during fall semester.